since 2013, Your Partner for Japan
Tokyo - August 2, 2018
Personal Information Collected
We collect several kinds of information from you, depending on the part of the Site being visited or information you provide to Us on request. For example, We collect personal information from you when you register to receive email communications, send email inquiries or participate in another part of the Site. The information that We collect is set out on the relevant pages of the Site and may include, for example, your name, email address, mobile phone number, IP address (anonymized) and information in general. In general, you can visit the Site without revealing any information about yourself.
How we Use Your Information
We may use the personal information We collect via the Site for any of the following purposes:
• providing you with marketing communications that you have asked to receive;
• dealing with your inquiries and requests;
• analyzing the data of people who visit our Site to better understand how they interact with the Site to enable Us to understand and improve the Site and our service offerings;
We may use your personal information to provide you with marketing communications, including, but not limited to email communications or information about Our products and services, new launches, promotions and special offers.
We may send you such communications by:
• any other medium which becomes relevant from time to time;
Disclosure of Information
We will not disclose your personal information that We collect from the Site to any third parties without your consent except:
• to employees and independent contractors of Martini Tech, analytic vendors, third party agents and other service providers and suppliers if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional, or technical support function for Martini Tech or to perform a service that you have requested;
• to and between companies within the Martini Tech group;
• where you give Us permission to disclose your personal information to third parties selected by Us for marketing purposes;
• if We are required to do so to comply with a legal requirement or request from a competent court, regulator or other authority;
• where We deem it necessary, in Our sole discretion, to protect Our legal rights or property or the legal rights or property of an individual who registers with the Site or any third party, or to prevent personal injury;
Except as noted above, information We collect from Site visitors will not be shared with individuals or other companies unrelated to, or that do not perform a business, professional or technical function for Martini Tech.
Martini Tech’s Cookies Policy
Martini Tech is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect the personal information that you provide. We use a variety of advanced security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Additionally, when We transmit sensitive personal information over the Internet, We protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
We cannot guarantee the safety of any personal information you transmit to Us online.
Martini Tech’s Cookies Policy is available for review here.
You should be aware of this when you leave the Site and We encourage you to read the privacy statements of other websites.
Access Your Information
You may have the right to request a copy of the personal information We hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Please address requests (with a return email address where possible) to:
Martini Tech is not obliged to comply with identical or repetitive requests and may refuse to respond to a request which is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
Changes and Questions
Information for Citizens located in the European Economic Area
EEA data protection laws offer additional rights and protections for individuals located in the EEA. The following additional information applies to you if you are located in the EEA:
• Basis of processing: Where you give Us your personal information to receive a product or service from Us, We process your personal information on the basis that such processing is necessary to give effect to the contract between us. Where you give Us your personal information for any other reason, We process your personal information for Our legitimate business purposes to give action to your request (for example, providing you with direct marketing that you have requested);
• Transfers: Your personal information may need to be transferred to countries outside of the EEA, both within the Martini Tech group and to selected third party service providers. Jurisdictions to which your personal information may be exported include Japan. Some countries may not offer the same level of protection for your personal information as exists within the EEA. Such transfers may take place to enable Us to provide you with Our products and/or services, for marketing purposes and/or for customer relationship management purposes. We will only make such international transfers subject to legally required adequate safeguards being put in place to protect your personal information. For further information on or to receive a copy of the adequate safeguards We have adopted, please contact Us;
• Retention: We will only hold your personal information for as long as is necessary to (i) provide you a product or service you have requested; (ii) provide you with direct marketing, including newsletters, that you have requested; (iii) respond to any query or complaint you submit; (iv) comply with any and all applicable laws. Thereafter, your personal information will be destroyed in accordance with Our policies and procedures regarding record retention and management;
• Data Protection Officer (“DPO”): You may Our “DPO” at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any other questions in relation to Our processing of your personal information, please contact Us.